Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Day 6: So Far, So Good

Well, it's Day 6 of the new year, and my "For the Love of God, Get Organized" resolution is still going strong. How are you faring?

I have this nasty habit of falling so behind and becoming so unorganized that just the thought of attempting to sort one pile leaves me feeling exhausted. But as I dig my way out of last year's mess, I'm feeling empowered and productive. I know for a fact that I lost money in 2008 simply because I was unorganized, and that's absolutely inexcusable.

In this dreadful economy (another friend of mine got laid off yesterday), while we look for new avenues of opportunity, make sure that you're on top of the things that you CAN control. Banks are continuing to slap all kinds of fees on their accounts and credit card companies are raising rates, so now is the time to take a look at all the services you use to see 1) if you are being offered the best deal and 2) if you're getting the most out of the deal (read: not lapsing into overdraft and getting hit with $10 fees for each transgression).

If anything, this recession offers the best excuse for cleaning house -- figuratively, of course. I honestly don't know what it will take to get me to vacuum under the couch.

No comments: