Monday, April 13, 2009

Staying in Constant Contact

I've been using Constant Contact for my WHY magazine emailers for more than a year. You probably know that already, because I'm so happy with the level of service I receive from the company that I gush about it to just about anyone who'll listen.

Earlier this month, there was an issue that came up with my account, and in the process of remedying things, I had a run-in with a poor customer service rep -- I mean, REALLY poor, the kind that makes your mouth hang open in utter shock. I was so infuriated with him that after I hung up the phone, I took to Twitter with some heated ramblings. Within minutes, I received a DM from a vice president of Constant Contact who assured me that he would help me solve my problem and get to the bottom of what had gone wrong with my communications with his sales rep. He was patient, he listened, he tried to crack jokes -- he did all the right things to make the customer (me) feel appreciated and understood.

Within minutes, my account was back in working order, and all was well.

Over the past year, I've read about varying degrees of customer service issues that have been resolved with the help of social media. It wasn't until now, though, that I personally have been able to experience its power in helping customers get their voices heard.

Although no company should be judged by one poor customer service rep, I do believe that companies SHOULD be judged by their responses to those inevitable glitches that pop up in long-term (or short-term) business relationships.

Props go to Constant Contact for its speedy attention to my glitch. Let the gushing continue!

1 comment:

Nicole Nascenzi said...

Good to hear you had a good Social Media interaction with CC.

I had an awful one a while back and it made my question why they were even on Twitter. I was tweeting about a bug in the system and they replied to me on Twitter offering help. I was impressed and sent them a detail of my issue - but they never followed up with a solution. Eventually I figured it out on my own. It left me with a bad taste in my mouth.